Every subscriber has the following three attributes: tag, source and type.
- You can add whatever tags you like for a subscriber.
- A subscriber may have multiple tags.
- If the Multi-language feature is turned on, a sub newsroom name tag will be created automatically for the visitor subscribing from a specific sub newsroom. For example, if a visitor subscribed from your Germany sub newsroom, then the "Germany" tag will be automatically created for that subscriber. The sub newsroom tag will have a special green background.
- If a contact is uploaded from your local computer, a time stamp tag (e.g. Import 2021-01-01 5:33) will be automatically created for the subscriber.
- You can filter subscribers by tags when sending a newsletter.
- The subscriber tag is not related to post of page tags.
There are 5 different types: Bounced, Unsubscribed, Complained, Confirmed, Unconfirmed.
|Bounced||If a newsletter to the subscriber bounced, the subscriber will have the Bounced type. You can not send new newsletter to a bounced subscriber.|
|Unsubscribed||If a subscriber unsubscribes from a newsletter, it will have the Unsubscribed type. You can not send new newsletter to an unsubscribed subscriber.|
|Complained||If a subscriber reported your newsletter as spam, it will have the Complained type. You can not send new newsletter to a complained subscriber.|
|Unconfirmed||If double opt-in is turned on for your sign up form, a subscriber will have the Unconfirmed type until they clicks the confirmation link in the opt-in email. You can send newsletter to Unconfirmed subscribers, though it's not recommended.|
|Confirmed||After a subscriber clicks the confirmation link in the opt-in email, their type will be changed to Confirmed. You can safely send newsletters to Confirmed subscribers.|
- Each subscriber can only have one type at any time.
- You can filter subscribers by their type when sending a newsletter.
There are 3 different sources: Newsroom form, Added manually, and Imported.
|Newsroom form||The contact became a subscriber by signing up your newsletter from your newsroom.|
|Added manually||The subscriber was added manually from the news admin > Newsletter > Contacts page.|
|Imported||The subscriber was imported from the local computer.|
- Each subscriber can only have one source at any time.
- You can filter subscribers by their source when sending a newsletter.